Perogies and Jam thanks the many performers and volunteers for the great music at the Street Market in downtown Vegreville on September 10. The weather was amazing and a good time was had by all! Maureen Easton of Vegreville Economic Development kindly stated in the News Advertiser that “Perogies and Jam did an incredible job of organizing and providing the entertainment for three of the four markets this year”.
Special appreciation goes to John Wagner for providing the sound system and doing such a great job. It takes a lot of effort to haul all the equipment, set it up and adjust the sound levels all day long – Well done John! Ralph Lange (with the help of Winnie) did a great job of co-ordinating the performers throughout the day – thanks Ralph! ! It was also great to have Viterra provide the popcorn machine – thanks Lane!
The roster of musical performers included:
- Bob Ashmead (guitar and vocals)
- Megan Rudolf of Innisfree (fiddle)
- Joe Kaup of Sherwood Park (fiddle)
- Randy Kereliuk (guitar and vocals)
- Ralph Lange (guitar and vocals)
- Rob Hughes (drums, guitar and vocals)
- B Cuz (Rudyk sisters vocal group)
- Terry Jordan of Sherwood Park (on keyboard and vocals)
- Terrin Kowalchuk of Killam (guitar and vocals)
- Cassidy Zahar of Vilna (guitar and vocals)
- Country Sunshine (band)
It is great that the Town of Vegreville promotes the downtown businesses and vendors with the street markets over the summer and Perogies and Jam “tips our hat” to the many residents and visitors that came out to visit us downtown at these events.
We now look forward to an exciting fall & winter season for a blend of performances and workshops to encourage local and visiting musicians.