Perogies and Jam held an informal end of calendar year celebration at the Vegreville Railway Station on Saturday, December 12.
It is always challenging to find time in December to get together and this year was no exception. However, several of us got together and took this opportunity to thank our performers and many supporters for their contribution during this past calendar year.
This was our busiest year yet and included the following 14 activities during 2015:
- Family Day, February 16
- Volunteers Breakfast, April 18
- The Cookers at Warwick Hall, April 18
- Lions Club Diabetes Fundraiser, June 6
- Mundare Farmers Day, June 12
- Holden Farmers Day, June 12
- Summer Street Markets, June 13, July 18 and September 12
- Holden Cattle Show, June 19
- Canada Day Celebration at Lavoy, July 1
- vEGGfest, August 27
- Gospel Night, November 21
- Reindeer Lane, November 28
It’s great to see the local music scene continue to build and have tremendous community support. It’s been a lot of extra effort this year but it’s been very rewarding. This evening was just intended to relax and just have fun together!
After a delicious Christmas dinner including turkey, all the trimmings, and of course our favourite perogies, we sat back and were entertained by Perogies and Jam faithful musicians Off Ramp Boys, Country Sunshine and Lorne Fill.
We wish you all a wonderful Christmas season and a Happy New Year!
Photos by Rob Hughes and Don Harfield
Leave a Reply